Park RANGER services
is to provide park guests and park neighbors with a safe and trouble-free environment through "Service, Safety, and Preservation"
If you have safety concerns, observations, on-site problems or comments about City parks, please contact 311. If outside the City limits, call (916) 264-5011. To contact all rangers, email email@example.com.
PARK ranger TIPS
Important tips for you, your family and friends to have a safe, fun and enjoyable park experience.
Things you can do to keep you and your park safe
- Be Aware of your surroundings – Be vigilant and aware of where you are and who is around you.
- Call 911 in an emergency or if using a cell phone call (916) 732-0100.
- Call the City operator 24/7 at 311 if you are within the City limits to report non-emergency concerns or issues. If outside the City limits, call (916) 264-5011.
- Do not leave anything visible or valuable in you car, not even in your trunk.
- Closely supervise your children as they play in the park.
- Only use park equipment and/or facilities for the intended purpose.
- On hot days, drink plenty of water.
Walking, Jogging and Biking
- Own the path, project confidence and strength.
- Do not wear headphones; they reduce your senses, especially persons approaching from behind. Being able to hear makes you aware of your surroundings.
- Pedestrians should walk or jog facing oncoming traffic.
- Go with a friend.
- Wear proper safety equipment, bright clothing, helmet when biking, proper footwear, etc.
- Obey all traffic laws and/or trail rules.
- Trust your instincts. If it does not seem right, request help from others